Locksmiths Burlington Team
Locksmiths Burlington Team heads towards the place you are, being at your side in 15 to 20 minutes from your call for help with doors or locks. Our Locksmiths Burlington Team are on cal 24/7, so call us at any time. Call Locksmiths Burlington Team today!
French doors are doors with large areas of glass to allow light and outdoor views into the home. Without proper sealing, they also serve as a source of water leaks. Left untreated, these water leaks can damage your flooring and may even rot the doors and surrounding structure.
Call us for help at any time – we are here 24/7!
Fixing a door sill leak requires only some simple adjustments, and often takes just a few hours to complete. You may want to try and do it yourself, so we came up with few instructions to help you.
- Open your French doors and prop them fully open.
- Remove all screws holding the threshold . Carefully remove it from the opening.
- Caulk the bottom of the threshold until the entire surface is covered with caulk. Place the threshold carefully back into the opening; and replace the screws, tightening them in place with your screwdriver or drill.
- Trace around the entire threshold with caulk. Start at either end of the opening, and caulk where the door frame meets the threshold. Trace along the entire length of the threshold with caulk on both the inside and outside of the opening.
- Measure the width of each door, then subtract 1/8 inch.
- Cut brush-style door sweeps to fit the width of each door. Use a hacksaw or circular saw to carefully cut the sweeps to the correct length.
- Install the door sweeps onto the exterior surface of the door with screws . Pre-drill holes for these screws in the door first by holding the sweep up against the door and using the holes in the sweep as a guide.
- Add spring bronze weather stripping to stop water from coming in between the doors. Nail this material to the edge of the inactive leaf (the door you use the least often) from top to bottom. Use the nails or screws provided with the weather stripping to complete this task.
At any point, you can stop and call for our team to help. Our teams have all tools, supplies, experience and knowledge to assist you. Call Locksmiths Burlington Team now!